Play Line Rider!

HomePortalPlayFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to Line Rider Crazy!
Spurring the creation spirit, the Graphics forum is now Creative Content.
Fast fact: The Fix threads from awhile back are still available in the Archives.
We have reached 20,000 posts!

Share | 

We Are Moving to IRC! Please Read!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IDrawTheLines
Administrator

Number of posts : 4240
XP : 115846
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Character sheet
What version of Line Rider are you best at?: Line Rider Beta 2
What are you best at on Line Rider?: Manuals, Some Semi-Omni

PostSubject: We Are Moving to IRC! Please Read!   Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:17 am

As a part of The Fix, in order to make LRC better, we are switching our regular chatbox to a more advanced one, called IRC.

What is IRC?
IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat. It's is basically the internet of chatboxes, with multiple servers and multiple channels for each server.

What server are we on?
We are on everythingirc. It is owned by Dark Takua. It is shared with Pixovee, and in the near future ZonePlace.

What does this mean?
It means you can switch from these 3 site's CB in a heartbeat. Plus, other misc channels are available, such as #uno, where you can play the game uno.

Who regulates the server?
California and DT are Admins on the server. I am Admin of #LRC, and Nitro, owner of ZonePlace, would be the Admin of #ZonePlace only. LineMan, a bot made by California, would moderate every channel on the server.

What about the old Chatbox?
For now, we will keep it here. After time progresses, we will remove it.

Where can I find this "IRC"?
http://lineridercrazy.forumotion.net/h3-lrc-chat
After we remove the current chatbox, it will be placed there.

Thank you,
The LRC Team

IDrawTheLines
Founder & Administrator

Last edited by IDrawTheLines on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lineridercrazy.net
California
Administrator

Number of posts : 2199
XP : 1528017

Character sheet
What version of Line Rider are you best at?: Line Rider Unbound 2: Wii
What are you best at on Line Rider?: Scenery, trampoline lines, and catching Bosh from a long jump

PostSubject: Re: We Are Moving to IRC! Please Read!   Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:36 pm

-Table of Contents-

Sect.0: This section contains the table of contents with links to each section.

IRC Commands 1, Section 2

General Commands for any IRC channel

IRC Commands 2, Section 3

NickServ

IRC Commands 3, Section 4

ChanServ

IRC Commands 4, Section 5

BotServ

IRC Commands 5, Section 6

MemoServ

IRC Commands 6, Section 7

My Personal Bot

IRC Terminology

Terms and Ranks

Logging in and Chatting

Learning Where Everything Is on the Client

-IRC General-

Sect.1: This section contains information about the IRC.

I will make a list of the commands you will be able to use, how to use them, and what they do. Oh, and definitions of all the "IRC terms" I use during this will be at the bottom (on request - you must request a definition for me to add it, otherwise, there will be no definitions at all).

The commands will be laid out like this:

First line, the number of the command, short description:

Second line, only the command will be here inside quotes symbolizing that is what you will type into the chat -- anything in () in this line will be replaced with user content.

Third line, this will be where a description is given and when you would want to use this command.

Last edited by California on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/ryan.kafka
California
Administrator

Character sheet
What are you best at on Line Rider?: Scenery, trampoline lines, and catching Bosh from a long jump

PostSubject: Re: We Are Moving to IRC! Please Read!   Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:33 pm

-IRC Commands 1-

Sect.2: This section contains only commands that may be used in any IRC channel, they do not need any bots to work.
Anyone may use these commands regardless of their rank.

Alright, here are the commands(to use them, just type them into the chatbox as if you were going to say it in the chat):

First off, here's a command you have probably used in LRC's current chatbox:

"/me (does something)"

Use this to talk in third person as if you are doing something.
Second, here is the command to join another channel(chat room) on the same network(server):

"/join (#channel)"

Use this to join another channel, you do need the pound (#) sign before any channel name.
Third, to leave a channel(or entire network if you only have one channel open):

"/part"

Quite simple, you are parting the channel.
Fourth, to show "away" or "here/online/back from being away" status:

"/away (reason)" -- a reason does not need to be given, although you can if you want to
"/back" -- type this after coming back from "/away"

Use this to display your online status as away or online.
Fifth, to part then join the same channel is called cycling a channel, to do this:

"/cycle (#channel)"

This is used after a rank has been given to you, so the bots learn that you now have that rank in that channel.
Sixth, to invite someone into a channel you are in:

"/invite (nick) (#channel)" -- or if you are already on the channel, you do not have to include the (#channel).

The person you wish to invite must be online, on the server to invite them.
Seventh, to list all the channels on the network:

"/list #0-x"
only replace the x with a max number of channels you wish to list. As of making this, there are 16 channels in the full list.

You may wish to see if there are other channels with content you enjoy, so you may list all the channels to view them.
Eighth, to change your current nick:

"/nick (new_nick)" -- nicks may not have spaces in them.

Change your nick, it will change on all channels you are currently on.
Ninth, use this to private chat with someone:

"/msg (nick) (message)"

You may wish to have a private conversation without leaving any of the channels you are currently in.
Tenth, to completely disconnect from the network:

"/quit (reason)" -- a reason is not needed, although you may provide one if you wish.

This is self-explanatory.
Eleventh, to "whois" a user:

"/whois (nick)"

Shows information about the user in question, such as their "name", channels they are currently in, their hostmask, etc.

Back to Table of Contents

Last edited by California on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
California
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Are Moving to IRC! Please Read!   Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:48 pm

-IRC Commands 2-

Sect.3: This section contain information about how to register your nick so no one else may steal it from you, along with other things pertaining to NickServ (NS).

Alright, here are the commands(to use them, just type them into the chatbox as if you were going to say it in the chat):

First, to register your nick:

"/ns register (password) (email)" -- this is the shortened version of the command directly below this
"/msg nickserv register (password) (email)" -- both of these work the same

Use the change nick command from sect.2 to change your nick, then use this to register it.
Second, to identify with the server you are that nick(basically your password):

"/ns identify (password)" -- alternatively, we have added a password box to the widget on the link IDraw provided
"/msg nickserv identify (password)" -- do you get the idea? "/ns" replaces "/msg nickserv" okay???

Either use the password box, or remember this command.
Third, you can actually get help on any of these command by typing:

"/ns help"

It will display a huge list with ALL the commands, I'm only listing the most important ones.
Fourth, to drop a nick:

"/ns drop (nick)"

If you registered a nick on accident, you may log into it (identify), and then drop it. This will remove the nick's information from the NickServ database.
Fifth, to "ghost" a nick:

"/ns ghost (nick) (pass)"

This is a forced disconnect from the server. If by chance you lose internet connection, your nick may still stay logged in, and you have to "ghost" it before changing your nick back to normal, and identifying.
Sixth, to group registered nicks together:

"/ns group (main_nick) (password_for_main_nick)"

If you would like to use multiple nick's and keep your ranks in all of them on every channel, you must group the nicks.
Seventh, to list all nick's currently in your group:

"/ns glist"

Pretty simple, displays all the nicks in your group, or that are currently grouped with your nick.

Last edited by California on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
California
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Are Moving to IRC! Please Read!   Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:09 pm

-IRC Commands 3-

Sect.4: This section contains information about ChanServ (CS).

First, to register a channel:

"/cs register (#channel) (password) (description)" -- you are making a password, not using the one you used to register your nick
"/msg chanserv register (#channel) (password) (description)" -- same as with nickserv (ns), "/cs" replaces "/msg chanserv" although either one works

You nick must be registered to register a channel!! The password is for giving other people owner status of that channel, should you choose to do so, but you do need a password whether you will be making other people owner or not. Making them owner does not remove your owner status, it just adds it to theirs.
Second, once you register a channel, you gain many commands, and complete control over that channel:

I will not be listing all the commands for channel owners/ops.

If you are really curious, or wish to try to set up your own channel, you may visit #Help on our server "/join #Help".

Last edited by California on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
California
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Are Moving to IRC! Please Read!   Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:23 pm

-IRC Commands 4-

Sect.5: This section contains information about BotServ (ya u guessed it, it's BS). You DO need access to all of these, you cannot use BotServ otherwise.

First, if you have access to it, you may make the bot talk:

"/bs say (#channel) (message)" -- the full "/msg botserv say (etc.)" thing works also

Quite funny if you are playing a prank on someone new to IRC.
Second, this is the same thing as number 1, but instead of the bot saying it, the bot will do "/me (message)":

"/bs act (#channel) (message)"

The same as you doing "/me (message)" but the bot will do it (if you have access).
Third, to list all the server bots currently online:

"/bs botlist"

I believe you may do this without access in the channel. When I say access I mean a high rank (op or higher in the channel)

Last edited by California on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
California
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Are Moving to IRC! Please Read!   Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:01 pm

-IRC Commands 5-

Sect.6: This section contains information about MemoServ (I have not yet had time to test if MS works also)
MemoServ is used to send messages to people offline so they can read them when they log in the next time.

Alright, here are the commands(to use them, just type them into the chatbox as if you were going to say it in the chat). I will put these in alphabetical order with long descriptions as MemoServ can get confusing at times:

First, cancel a message sent:

"/msg memoserv cancel (nick)"

Cancels the last memo you sent to the specified nick or channel provided it has not already been read at the time you use the command.
Second, to check if a message you sent has been read:

"/msg memoserv check (nick)"

Checks whether the last memo you sent to (nick) has been read or not.
Third, to delete MemoServ messages you have received:

"/msg memoserv del (last|all|(list))" -- list is replaced with numbered list (ex. "2-5" or "2-3, 8-9"). the others are left as-is, you just choose which you wish to delete

This command allows you to delete memos. "last" only deletes the last memo you received, "all" deletes all memos you received, and the list is explained.
Fourth, info about your memos:

"/msg memoserv info "

Informs you of you memo info, it will list; the number of memos you have, what your LIMIT is set at, and your NOTIFY status. Notify and Limit covered in the SET command.
Fifth, list your memos:

"/msg memoserv list (new|(list))" -- new is not needed, but if you add it, it will only list the new memnos you have, and (list) is the same as one on the DEL command.

Lists your memos according to your preference.
Sixth, to read your memos:

"/msg memoserv read (last|new|(list))" -- again, you choose your preference of reading which memos.

This command allows you to read you memos.
Seventh, send a memo:

"/msg memoserv send (nick) (message)"

Simplest one in MemoServ.
Eighth, SET command:

"/msg memoserv set (parameter)" -- I will list the parameters below

SET can be the most confusing one.

Sets various memo options. Option can be one of:
*NOTIFY: "/msg memoserv set (notify) (parameter)"
~The parameters can be one of:
~~~ON: "/msg memoserv set notify on"
~~~---You will be notified of memos when you log on, when you are "/BACK", and when they are sent to you.
~~~LOGIN: "/msg memoserv set notify logon"
~~~---You will be notified of memos only when you logon or are "/BACK".
~~~NEW: "/msg memoserv set notify new"
~~~---You will only be notified of memos when they are sent to you.
~~~OFF: "/msg memoserv set notify off"
~~~---You will not receive any notification of memos.
*LIMIT: /msg memoserv set limit parameter
~The parameters can be one of:
~~~USERLIMIT "/msg memoserv set limit (number 0-20)" -- Pick a number 0-20
~~~---Sets the maximum number of memos you nick will be able to receive. If it is set to 0 you will not be able to receive any memos. It cannot be set any higher than 20.

Last edited by California on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
California
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Are Moving to IRC! Please Read!   Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:08 pm

-IRC Commands 6-

Sect.7: This section contains information about my personal bot, LineMan.

My personal bot has many commands, which change quite often. Because of this, it is hard to keep an updated list on here.
The main commands are listed in the chat by typing "!cmds"

Some commands are channel-specific, meaning that they only work on certain channels. For example, you can only play Uno (ex. the "!uno" command) on the #uno channel. If commands are channel-specific, they probably have a command list of their own (ex. the "!unohelp" command) that only works on that channel.

This is all for now, I will try to update these lists as more is added.

Yes, it is quite complex... but that just means more fun and better conversations. Our old chatbox is quite simple and didn't offer anything that actually helped to expand LRC.

-IRC Terminology-

Sect.8: This section contains information about the terminology on IRC, and how Ranks are distributed.

First, the ranks, and forum equivalents (this does not mean that you will get the rank just because you are in said usergroup on these forums, this is for comparison only):
IRC
Forum Equivalent
Unregistered User(Guest) Member/Guest
Registered Member Member
VOP(voiced) Veteran(long-time member)
HOP(half-op) Moderator
AOP(auto-op) Global Moderator
SOP Administrator
IRCOp (IRC Operator) Server Moderator
Net Admin Server Owner

Now, the actual definitions and what each means:

Rank
Definition
Unregistered User(Guest) Nothing, can talk, but that's about it.
Registered Member Are able to gain ranks and make their own channels.
VOP(voiced) Are able to talk during moderated (+m) chat, meaning that if an hop, aop, sop, or ircop adds the channel mode +m, they may still talk.
HOP(half-op) Can add the +m or -m channel modes, along with being able to change the topic of the channel (if hop's have access in that specific channel).
AOP(auto-op) Can pretty much do anything they want in the channel, can still be kicked by higher ranks.
SOP If I said channel owner had level 10 access, these guys would have level 9. They are only a little below the owner of that specific channel.
Channel Owner(Channel Founder) Can do anything they want to in their channel except kick/ban the IRCOps and Net Admin.
IRCOp (IRC Operator) Can make themselves channel owner in any channel on the network(server)(this does not remove the founder from the owners list of that channel).
Net Admin(Network Administrator) Owner of the network(server), can do everything.

You must register your nick to gain any ranks. Registering your nick helps the server keep imposter's away. It also keeps track of the ranks you have in every channel, as well as which channels you own (if any).

Last edited by California on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
California
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Are Moving to IRC! Please Read!   Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:23 pm

-Logging in and and Chatting-

Sect.8: This section contains information about how to register, log in, and switch between the different channels(chat rooms).

Pictures will be provided, I will be using the full screen version of the IRC client which can be found directly under the one on this page:
http://lineridercrazy.forumotion.net/h2-lrc-chat
Alternatively, you may use the smaller version as both function exactly the same and the only difference is size.

Yes, I do have an ad-blocker enabled, which is why you cannot see an ad at the top of these screenshots.

Alright, step one, pick a username. You do not yet require a password as you have not yet registered your nick. Just type in a username and hit Connect.
Spoiler:

You will then be able to chat in #everythingirc, this is how your screen should look:
Spoiler:

Now it is time to register. Type in "/cs register (password) (email)" -- replacing (password) with your password and (email) with your email, this will help keep track of what ranks you have on each channel.
Spoiler:

Now, do you see those little tabs at the top? Those are the different channels(chat rooms). Click on the #LRC one now (you will automatically join #everythingirc when you open this network, and this IRC client has been enabled to also auto-join #LRC so you do not have to manually join it every time.
Spoiler:

You may wish to use some commands with my bot, LineMan. He will send "Notices" or "Bot Messages" which will show up like normal chat, but are a different color and can only be seen by you.
Spoiler:

You may also send PM's to other users, although, it is chat instead of messages. All you must do is click on their nick on the userlist and click on PM. You may also "whois" someone which gives most information about their account. And you can ignore them if you wish. Here is the screen that appears when you PM someone though(notice it opened in another tab):
Spoiler:

Now take a look at the ranks in-chat, they are displayed as symbols:
Spoiler:

That's pretty much it.... if you need any more help than that, I'm always in #everythingirc and #Help unless my bot tells you that I'm away.
Back to top Go down
Speed Demon
Gold Member

Number of posts : 1481
XP : 12407
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: We Are Moving to IRC! Please Read!   Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:28 pm

what is this
Back to top Go down
View user profile
California
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Are Moving to IRC! Please Read!   Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:32 pm

Our new chat, sorry i didnt talk when u joined the room, i was working on this u can join the room again... im here
Back to top Go down
California
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Are Moving to IRC! Please Read!   Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:48 pm

Sorry for this double post, but I know you guys don't like this new chat as much as the old one.... sure, the old one was simple... but it was TOO simple...

If you don't like it because of the layout, or the colors, then download an IRC client... I will give a guide here on how to set up chatzilla as it isn't anywhere near as straightforward as any of the other clients

Downloads:
#1: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/xulrunner/releases/1.9.0.17/runtimes/xulrunner-1.9.0.17.en-US.win32.zip
#2: http://chatzilla.rdmsoft.com/xulrunner/download/chatzilla-0.9.86-xr.zip

Download and extract the first one, then download the second one. Move the second one into the folder "xulrunner-1.9.0.17.en-US.win32" DO NOT extract the second one, just move the .zip into the folder of the first one you extracted.

Now, open a command prompt window Start>Run>cmd (make sure you run as administrator on vista or win7)

Then get the command prompt to the directory where you extracted the xulrunner by typing in something along the lines of "cd C:\downloads\xulrunner-1.9.0.17.en-US.win32" or wherever you put the folder.

Once you are inside the directory in the command prompt, type in "xulrunner --register-global"

Finally, type in "xulrunner --install-app chatzilla-0.9.86-xr.zip" and chatzilla should now be in the directory "%Drive%\Program Files\ChatZilla". You may right-click the .exe to create a desktop shortcut or w/e u want to do with it.

After that is all done, open ChatZilla, and type in "/server irc.everythingirc.co.cc:6666" and then i can help you from there in IRC chat.

I like chatzilla above all other irc clients because it is fully customizable (skins, colors, sounds, smileys, etc.) and it's simple to use once you get it installed and set up your preferences to auto-join different channels (which i can gladly help you with if you decide to give chatzilla a try).

Now, for most people, that was too complicated... so I suggest just downloading xchat. I have no clue how to join servers or anything on it because I dont use it, but just look around for "add server" or "join server" and the server address is "irc.everythingirc.co.cc:6666"
Usuallu you can just type in "/commands" and see if "/server" is in the list, if so, then it's the same command as above "/server irc.everythingirc.co.cc:6666"
Back to top Go down
IDrawTheLines
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Are Moving to IRC! Please Read!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Widget isn't working... can't have a widget on the bottom. I have an idea.

IDrawTheLines
Founder & Administrator
Back to top Go down
California
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Are Moving to IRC! Please Read!   Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:45 pm

This new one works fine and the colors don't suck(it also has more options such as playing a sound when some1 says ur nick):
http://lineridercrazy.forumotion.net/h3-lrc-chat
Back to top Go down
IDrawTheLines
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Are Moving to IRC! Please Read!   Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:55 pm

I like the new one better.

IDrawTheLines
Founder & Administrator
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Are Moving to IRC! Please Read!   

Back to top Go down

We Are Moving to IRC! Please Read!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1